Re: [tlug] maybe a repetitive question about distros

On Thu, 13 Jun 2002 11:57:46 +0900 (JST)
Christopher SEKIYA <wileyc@example.com> wrote:

> > Too bad the mailinglist archieves are still broken.
> Are you volunteering to fix them, then?
Yeah! Why not?

> > use `xf86config`.
> Wrong.  XFree86 -configure
Wrong. vi XF86Config-4
The list is long, let's not get into it.

> > You need to know what kind of chipset it has. Use `lspci` to find out.
> Wrong.  PCMCIA != PCI.
If I wanted to be that precise I would just say: RTFM Ethernet-howto.

> > Debian will install exim by default.
> He didn't ask about exim -- he asked about sendmail.
I supposed he was asking about it as a general MTA.
[root@example.com /]# ls -l `which sendmail`
lrwxrwxrwx  1 root  root  4 Apr 19 05:30 /usr/sbin/sendmail -> exim

--
B0Ti.