[tlug] HowToStartOpenOfficeAfterInstall?

I installed Open Office 1.0 under root on my Mandrake 8.1 box, and I
know where it is on the drive, but I can't find a way to fire up the
software to use it!  When I installed it on my RedHat 7.2 box, there was
a tab to click on under "Favorites", but how can make my own?  I haven't
been able to use the program with the Mandrake box yet......

Another question.  When saving files as .txt or other formats that my
MicroMuck boxes read, when using RedHat 7.2, the files were compatible
in both directions, but with my Mandrake 8.1 box, flies saved with
MicroMuck are readable with Mandrake, but files saved with Mandrake are
not readable with MicroMuck. What can I do to make the files readable in
both directions?

One more question.  With Mandrake, it automatically mounts the CD and
Windoz partitions, but with RedHat, while I stumbled onto how to mount
the CD once - I haven't been able to repeat it on another installation,
and I've never been able to access MicroMuck's home, the c: drive.

Lyle