Re: [tlug] mozilla: really ready?

On Thu, Jun 06, 2002 at 12:04:58PM +0900, B0Ti wrote:
> Just curious what tluggers think of the mozilla 1.0 release.
>
> 1.0 hasn't made it to debian yet so I'm running rc3 but if you
> look at this screenshot (http://mephisto.homelinux.net/moz_shot.png) you'll know what I mean.

To be honest, I can't remember the last time I saw those kind of problems, but
I am running XFree 4.2 and NetBSD-current so my env is obviously completely
different from yours.

> Some links are overlapping text. First time I see this with moz is rc3.
> And this one-pixel-off bug that makes fonts look like italic (in the title)  has been around forever. Maybe it's a bug in xfree, but I'm getting it on my other machines too with xfree86-4.1.0.

I think alot of this is directly related to font issues.  I certainly am not
particularly happy with how Xfree handles anti-aliasing, and It is very easy
to botch the font installs in such a way that you think you have the fonts
installed but don't.

> I think it's a bit too early for celebration.

Still I don't think it is to early to celebrate. This is a very usable
browser and has been for some time. I personally prefer using galeon, and
if you run galeon -s at startup it makes launching times extremely short.

--Matt