Re: [tlug] JPEG going out as application/octet-stream

On Thu, Jun 06, 2002 at 01:49:42AM +0900, Jonathan Byrne wrote:
> Where do I need to look to hunt this down?  Nothing in sendmail.cf
> or .muttrc appears to address this, and if I understand mailcap
> correctly, it contains instructions for how to view things that
> are received, not how to set the MIME type on outgoing mail.

Mutt uses ~/.mime.types and /etc/mime.types to associate a MIME
type with an extension when you add an attachment.  Are you
missing an association for jpg and/or jpeg files?

(My RH7.3 machines don't exhibit this behavior.)

Jim

--
Jim Tittsler                                         GPG: 0x01159DB6
Kanto Computer Calendar  http://www.OnJapan.net/calendar/