Re: [tlug] Different Polling Times For Different POP3 Servers in Fetchmail

On Fri, May 10, 2002 at 05:15:51PM +1000, s4565@example.com wrote:
> Is there anyway to have different polling times for different POP3 servers in
> fetchmail,  I want to have one poll every 30 seconds and the other every 10

Isn't every 30 seconds a tad excessive?[1]

> In my fetchmailrc file at the moment I have something like

But anyway, you might try running fetchmail from cron rather
than in daemon mode.  You can specify different configuration
files for different invocations using the -f switch.

Jim

[1] Maybe you should be forwarding the mail from that host
instead of polling for it.  Or taking advantage of IMAP's
status notifications to eliminate constantly having to
authenticate/poll.  Or simply being more patient.  :-)

--
Jim Tittsler                                         GPG: 0x01159DB6
Kanto Computer Calendar  http://www.OnJapan.net/calendar/