Re: [tlug] Help With Mutt/Procmail/Fetchmail Configuration

On 22:49 2002/05/09 +1000, s4565@example.com wrote

>Hi
>
>I am trying to set up Mutt/Procmail/Fetchmail.  So far I have got
>Mutt and Fetchmail working together.  What I want to get working now
>is Procmail.  From my understanding of how my present .muttrc is
>working is that it is getting messages from
>
>/var/spool/mail/antony
>
>And it is saving them them.  How do I tell it to only look at where
>Procmail is putting the filtered messages(Is this a good thing to
>do?)

I have a page on mutt (mostly for myself, because I forget things) that
might be of use.

To answer that question about Procmail, I think procmail -v does it.
Regardless, on most distros, including FreeBSD, mutt uses ~/Mail (although
in Gentoo it's ~/.maildir.  There's a few steps involved, most of which you
probably already know, but what works for me is to first set up fetchmail
and set procmail as the mda.  Then set up a ~/.procmailrc and tell it what
to use (either $HOME/Mail or  in Gentoo $HOME/.maildir

Procmail, at least according to the quickstart guide, doesn't recognize ~/
so you have to use $HOME

My mutt page is at http://home.nyc.rr.com/computertaijutsu/mutt.html

Hope it helps.
Scott Robbins