Re: [tlug] Argh ... no luck installing XFS ... help

On Wed, 8 May 2002 20:59:51 +0900, A.Sajjad Zaidi wrote:
> Assuming you have the source, gcc, make etc. installed:
>
> =================

> <Basic kernel build instructions snipped>

> vi /etc/grub.conf (or /etc/lilo.conf)

It is lines like this that make me think posts like this will do more
harm than good.  What he needs to do is go and read the kernel howto,
as well as the README that is included with the kernel.

> (lilo -v)

Without reading those docs, he will not know what he should be doing
with (lilo.conf|grub.conf), and he won't know whether the output of
the above command is good or bad.

Michael