[tlug] [annce] May 2002: TLUG Technical Meeting

-=-=-=-=- Tokyo Linux Users Group May 2002 Meeting Announcement -=-=-=-=-

All Linux lovers, and supporters of open source code and free software are
invited to attend the next Tokyo Linux Users Group meeting. Membership is
open to anyone. There are currently no membership dues or entrance fees.

Date:	Saturday, May 11th, 2002

Place:	Leading Edge Co., Ltd.

	Meeting room was made available for TLUG's technical meeting
	by courtesy of Leading Edge Co., Ltd.

	Leading Edge home page has the map:
	http://www.leadinge.co.jp/access/body_e.html

Time:	13:30 (until around 17:00)

Topics:

	1. "LINUX TERMINAL SERVER & DISKLESS CLIENTS" by Mauro Sauco

	A simple way to utilize low cost workstations as either graphical
	or character based terminals on a GNU/Linux server. In a
	traditional office setting, there are relatively high powered
	Intel based PC's spread around at every desk. Each with several
	gigabytes of hard disk, and considerable amount of RAM.
	Is it really necessary to have a full and expensive workstation at
	each desk?

	2. (If we're lucky we'll get Alberto Tomita to talk on topic that
	is related to Mauro's)

	* The IDS talk has been postponed until July.  Smoker (as the guy
	calls himself) is currently busy writing a book and will have more
	time then.

After the meeting:

	We will continue chatting over a few beers. (Place to be decided
	later.)

Contact:

	Mauro ......090-2492-0840 (Keitai)
	Kato  ......070-5591-7003 (PHS)