Re: [tlug] FreeBSD.....Linux what's the difference

I am just finishing a course on Unix through University of Maryland,
University College, and I was considering using FreeBSD (playing with RedHat
7.2 right now). When I searched Amazon.co.jp for books on FreeBSD, I think
it turned up two or three really old ones. Is there a shortage of BSD books,
and does it matter?

Also, I am very interested in setting up an internet server and
experimenting with things like Cocoon, Enhydrae (sp?), and other relatively
new technologies involving XML, Java, mobile, and the like. Is it better to
do this with RedHat, or will FreeBSD handle such new software?

Micheal E Cooper & Rie Tanaka
Nobeoka, Miyazaki, Japan

mec@example.com
micheal@example.com