Re: [tlug] Secure alternative to ftp?

The answer was staring me in the face the whole time and I didn't even see
it.

For a server use SSH (http://www.ssh.com)

For a client use the nice graphical .exe provided by www.ssh.com

In the sshd2_config file use the ChRootUsers directive. This will cause
anyone mentioned under that directive to be place in a "sandbox". They won't
be able to cd out of their home directory (as specified in /etc/passwd).

Thanks to everyone for their comments and informational tips. Sorry to have
taken so much bandwidth on this!

Jc