Re: [tlug] GCC 3.1

On Tue, 28 May 2002, Uva Coder wrote:

> Has anyone tried or experience problems with gcc 3.1 yet? I'm about
> to take a plunge. I'm just interested in seeing whether or not I'm
> going to hit any hard rocks. *grin*

I found the compile was broken, it doesnt copy and configure some bits of the
install, but this was solaris and it may be expecting linux command args. Also
you may want to disable a shared libgcc.so, if you move binaries to any other
machine you have to make sure the version from 3.1 is there. It does contain
some nice new bits for IA32 and SparcV9 though.

Tim.