Re: [tlug] Gentoo kinput and canna ebuild

Jack wrote:

> > after you emerge canna, do you have the following?
> >
> > /usr/lib/libcanna16.so -> libcanna16.so.1.0
> > /usr/lib/libcanna16.so.1 -> libcanna16.so.1.0
> > /usr/lib/libcanna16.so.1.0
>
> No.

looking at the logs you sent me, it seems like the shared
libraries aren't being built. i believe this is because, for
some reason, the imake variable HasSharedLibraries is being
set to NO on your machine (canna uses imake to build).

i need to look further into how imake sets this variable
before i can help anymore. i know it has something to do
with the /usr/lib/X11/config/* files but after that I am
lost...

does anyone know a decent imake tutorial on the web?

Ryan