Re: [tlug] Gentoo kinput and canna ebuild

On Mon, May 27, 2002 at 09:18:29AM +0000, Jack Morgan wrote:

> I would like to know how you got your kinput2 working :-)

I'm guessing that you're right about the qt libraries--darn, if it
wasn't such a long install, I'd do more testing--for instance, see
what happens if I put in Opera before doing it (BTW, for the Gentoo
users, at present, I've found the best way to do tihs is not use the
ebuild, but to simply install with static libraries from opera.com and
then put in KDE if you want it--Gentoo is still using the beta, and
there are conflicts with libpng and KDE).

So, at present, I think the best way is to make sure it's one of the
first things you put in. Once it's in and working, it doesn't matter
if I install KDE, Opera, etc.  It works perfectly with mlterm. (BTW
Jack, thanks for turning me on to that--I like it better than kterm)

Scott Robbins