Re: [tlug] Request for advice on how to hire bi-lingual developersin Tokyo

On Thu, 23 May 2002 adavies@example.com wrote:

> So I'm sorry if my actions caused any offence and I hope that I can
> participate in this list's primary technical purpose over the months to
> come.

Hi,

Don't worry too much about it. Job postings are not exactly banned as long
as recruiting is not your primary purpose to be on this list, which you
say it isn't, so there's no problem.

There're rules about posting job ads on the tlug list, and you could say
that it's my fault not making it clear enough in the first place. (I've
been meaning to make the mailing list FAQ but haven't had the time....)

Employment notices are generally well accepted if they come from someone
who's already been participating actively in the technical discussions on
our main mailing list, and if they include detailed specifics about the
actual job. Even better if it has anything to do with Linux or other
open-source Unix-type OSes and technologies. It'd be nice if you could
keep it concise, and take the communication off-list after the initial
post.

Regards,
Ayako Kato