Re: [tlug] what Yahoo uses is PPTP?

Actually i have dhcpcd as well, it has all the addresses associated with
yahoo bb, but i keep getting the "host unknown" for any url that is tried!!!
>>Start a shell, become root, and use the 'netconfig' command.
Sorry, to say this Jim, but i dont know how to enter the 'netconfig'
command at root:(
>however the "ifcfg-eth0"isnt in network-scripts.

>>You could create it containing the three lines I mentioned or...
i dont know where to find the 3 lines to input the data you mentioned.

all i want to do is connect to the internet, this is the 3rd week now with
RH7.2 and yahoobb--MS98se has been a breeze, even the occasional crash has
been painless compared to this!!
anyway thanks for the help so far :-)

>downloaded Rh`s "pump" DHCP client daemon,

I've only used dhcpcd with Y!BB, but pump should work as well.

>however the "ifcfg-eth0"isnt in network-scripts.

You could create it containing the three lines I mentioned or...

>nor could i find this: Use dynamic IP configuration
(BOOTP/DHCP)" under KDE
>is this the name i would find it under?

Start a shell, become root, and use the 'netconfig' command.

Jim