Re: [tlug] what Yahoo uses is PPTP?

On Tue, May 14, 2002 at 05:54:44AM +0000, shane eastwood wrote:
>> automatic (DHCP?) IP setting for Broadband or does it use the
>> PPPoe?Yahoo BB uses the DHCP/automatic setting of the IP
>> setting as in MS Windows. I have had no luck with Red Hat 7.2.

With RH7.2, using DHCP requires:
 - making sure you have dhcpcd (the DHCP client daemon) installed
 - setting your /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0 file to:
   DEVICE=eth0
   ONBOOT=yes
   BOOTPROTO=dhcp
   (if you are using eth0)
   I believe you can do this step with RedHat's netconfig
   by checking the "Use dynamic IP configuration (BOOTP/DHCP)"
   button but I cheated and used a text editor.

--
Jim Tittsler                                         GPG: 0x01159DB6
Kanto Computer Calendar  http://www.OnJapan.net/calendar/