Re: [tlug] Could not read network connection list

Dear Gunawan,

2002 4月 23 火曜日 19:06、Gunawan Wijaya さんは書きました:

> "There was some error setting up inter-process communications for KDE. The
> message returned by the system was :
>    Could not read network connection list.
>    /root/.DOCPserver_gate-vhf_:0
> Please check that the "dcopserver" program is running."
>
> Then i switch into text mode again and running dcopserver but it also
> encounter a problem that is $DISPLAY is not set.
>
> Does anyone could help me solving these problem ?
> I will be very thankful for that. I'm sorry for the length of this mail.

I am expeirincing a similar problem.  My environment is:
FreeBSD4.5 (Sorry, tlug!)
KDE-3.0 (obtained as package)
XFree86 4.2 (from source)

The problem happened when I modified some TCP/IP setting, I am guessing.

What I have done so far is:
> create a new user and test KDE
If this goes well, just remove ~/.ICEAuthority, ~/.DCOP*, ~/.kde* and copy
from the new user's home directory.  Otherwise, I have no idea.

--
BABA, Yoshihiko

Daido Information Technology
Tokyo Linux Users Group