Re: [tlug] Partitions and Partition Magic

On Fri, Apr 19, 2002 at 11:05:16AM +0900, Dan Myers wrote:
> So how do I install Linux Red Hat to the new partition that I make in
> PM? Do I reboot with the Linux disk in and have it boot from CD or
> something like that?

Yes, boot from the cd and install Redhat into that partition you created.
During the intall it will ask you where you want to install lilo/grub. The
choses will be the MBR or the partition you just created. make sure you chose
the partition you just created. Otherwise Partition magic will be overwritten
by lilo/grub.

Here are some docs to get you started:

http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/Linux+Windows-HOWTO/index.html

http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/Linux+Win9x+Grub-HOWTO/index.html