Re: [tlug] vi for emacs users reference?

Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:

>     Josh> Once upon a time, I thought that I stumbled across a
>     Josh> reference on the web on vi, targeted at emacs users.
>
> Maybe.  I'd start at Per Abrahamsen's page, Emacs: The Sacred Editor.
> http://www.dina.dk/~abraham/religion/

Christ! I should have read first, replied later! This is pretty much my
position in the editor wars, but I am compelled to use vi on a few
Solaris boxen at work that have not the One True Editor installed, and I
find myself to be a disgrace to sysadmins everywhere when it takes me 45
minutes to edit my .bashrc! [1]

So, I am requiring it of myself to at least know some basic vi...

-Josh

[1] Note that in emacs it only takes 20 minutes--19:51 to start up,
nine seconds to edit and save the file.