Re: [tlug] can't post to Mandrake expert.

On Wed, Mar 27, 2002 at 10:48:49PM +0900, Gavin wrote:

> I'm using Mandrake 8.0 and for the last few months I've been posting to the
> expert users group and so far I've seen none of my posts, also many of my
> friends have informed me that they have mailed me and I have not received
> anything.. It's driving me mad!!Does anyone have any ideas why this is
> happening??  help

You need to give us a little more information. Just from what you told us, my
advice would be to ditch Mandrake :-)

Possibilities include:

--MTA (aka mail server) is mis-configured

--Your domain is "blacklisted" (eg was used to send spam) and the Mandrake MTA
  is dropping you mail

I suggest looking in your mail que from mail that hasn't been delivered, which means
your mail client dropped off your mail to your MTA and your MTA hasn't sent your
mail off your PC. If your MTA is sendmail try: sendmail -bp
Also, try sending mail to yourself from a hotmail account. If that returns to you, have
a look at the headers which should say why it was returned to you, or post them here.

Hope this helps,

--
jack_morgan						NetBSD is the BSD
j-morgan@example.com