[tlug] How to handle a hacker<wink> [was: Arcane command-line]

    Tobias> Anything you do with ipchains/iptables takes effect
    Tobias> immediately

Yeah, I actually found vermin infesting one of my boxen a few days ago
(which is why I was fooling with ipchains).

su -c 'ipchains -P input DENY'

and he was toast (I don't even want to know if he knew about ipchains
and was planning to replace them with a Trojen...), but I had to run
upstairs and log in on the console.  I'd cut my own ssh connection,
too.