[tlug] Re: debian japanese

Michael Moyle <michael@example.com> writes:

>> I agree that a good consolidated set of instructions for kinput2 and
>> Canna is really needed. I was used to it with Wnn, but its personality
>> changes according to the conversion engine, and with RH7.x canna is the
>> only one that seems to work.
>
> I am saving this thread, and hope to put something together. One thing I
> noticed is that Kinput only works in Kterm, which someone noted that it
> (STILL) is not set up correctly. There are so many dot files and
> serreptitious nuances to this system, having no docs, is really, bad.

If kinput2 works for you only in kterm, you have probably not set
XMODIFIERS. Use

   export XMODIFIERS="@example.com=kinput2"

kterm supports XIM and kinput protocol. kinput protocol
is the default and kinput protocol will work without
a correct setting of XMODIFIERS.

kterm is the only program I know which supports kinput protocol,
most other programs only support XIM.

XIM usually will not work when XMODIFIERS is not set correctly,
therefore you need to set it to make kinput2 work with other programs
than kterm.

--
Mike Fabian   <mfabian@example.com>   http://www.suse.de/~mfabian
睡眠不足はいい仕事の敵だ。