Re: [tlug] !!!OT!!! raw cd copy

On Mon, 2002-03-25 at 03:50, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:

>     Josh> You want user friendly? Try Mandrake.
>
> Which has had prominent entries in the PROBLEMS files of both branches
> of Emacs.
>
> Of course, if you can wait until Mandrake fixes its own bugs, no
> problem, but current policy at XEmacs is "duplicate the bug on any
> other Linux distro and we'll take a look."  I'm sick of trying to
> debug things that Mandrake has done in the name of
> "user-friendliness", and so is everybody else I know.

Wait a second! XEmacs? Mandrake? Real Mandrake users use GEdit, everyone
knows that!

Yeah, I agree that Mandrake (and to a lesser) extent, Redhat, is quite
broken in a lot of fundamental ways due to the "user friendliness"
approach. Then again, so is Windows... so maybe there is a pattern here?
;)

-Josh