Re: [tlug] Re: debian japanese

> LC_CTYPE properly (or LANG, I usually just set LC_CTYPE, because I still
> want to have english messages...)

This works!

> http://www.suse.de/~mfabian/

This looks like a good link.

My real problem now is that Alt_L is broken in kterm and xterm. By some
miracle it still works in rxvt.

I have tried disabling canna and kinput and renaming the config files. I
removed all reference to mod1 in /etc/canna/* . Still it is broken. I
have no idea what language-env has done to my system. This is horrible ;)

ok, if I rename .emacs, emacs -nw will regain use of Alt-Meta. But the
bash command line kterm seens permantly hosed. Has anyone else had this
problem?

Does anyone use debian with another input system, like wnn? Maybe I
should switch.

cheers,
Michael