Re: [tlug] Backup CD

Frank Bennett wrote:

> Over dinner, I learned about Norton Ghost.  This morning,
> after a Debian upgrade, I learned about a similar-ish
> utility being developed under Linux:
>
>   http://www.partimage.org/

Frank,

About two weeks ago a new package called mondo was added to debian. I
gave it a try and it seems to be very similar to your backup method used
in RepliCoaster. It can back up almost any kind of filesystem to
multiple cds (or any other media), creates a bootable cd according to
ones setup using the kernel image and can restore to different fs types
and partitions.
Sorry, I didn't have the time to look at backup software since and your
mail is still in my inbox.
I looked at the Partition Image website, it sounds promising too, but I
still believe that mondo would do a better job considering the features
it has.

Drop us a mail when the RepliCoaster images will be available.

--
B0Ti.