[tlug] Re: debian japanese

> 1) Canna defaults to Shift-Space, can this be changed? This default means
>    that the way I type, I am switching into canna all the time.

Ok, done, sort of. By modifing .Xresources I was able to disable
Shift-Space and enable Ctrl-o, I would have prefered Ctrl-Space, but I
could not use it to exit the conversation.

> 2) Emacs, the .emacs files language-env provides removes Alt-Meta

This has nothing to do with emacs, and everything to do with kinput2.

I am imagining I will have to come up with some directive for
.Xresources to prevent Alt_L from being mapped to something bizaare,
which is what is happening now.

-m