From: Stewart C. Russell <stewart@example.com>
To: TEI-L@example.com
Subject: Re: TEI & Win32 XML authoring software.
Date: 27 Feb 2002 09:48:35 +0000

while I'm still here (this is my second last week at Collins), has
anyone used jEdit (http://www.jedit.org/) for TEI XML work? It's Java
based, needs quite a bit of memory and isn't the world's quickest piece
of software, but:

* it handles Unicode well, limited only by the (user-definable) font in
which glyphs will display.

* it has an XML plugin which allows validation and element selection
from a list.

* it's quite a small and simple install.

* it's free.

I like it, and it's in vigorous development, so it might be possible to
hint to developers the features you find useful.

 Stewart

--
Stewart C. Russell CEng MBCS	Senior Analyst Programmer
stewart@example.com	Collins Dictionaries