Re: [tlug] Lost my XWindows

On Thu, Feb 14, 2002 at 10:37:21AM +0900,
Charles Muller wrote:
> > Could you send exact error message you see when X refuses to start?
>
> The reason I didn't do this the first time is because it was such a long
> message, and I couldn't see any way of copying it.

If you're running bash or zsh, log in from the text console and run
   startx > x.log 2>&1
For csh or tcsh,
   startx >& x.log
That saves both normal and error outputs into x.log.

--
Shimpei Yamashita                               http://www.shimpei.org/
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?    -- Steve Wright