Re: [tlug] Lost my XWindows

  Jim> Good. So your advice to Chuck is that he edit that file? Any
  Jim> suggestions?  I guess it's the default-point-size, etc. My
  Jim> contents of that area are:

Actually, it's hard to tell what to do, without seeing actual error
message. Could be that xfs just dead. Than it's a different story.

Chuck,

Could you send exact error message you see when X refuses to start?
Probably you can't see message when you boot system, because when
Mandrake can't start into runlevel 5 it automatically swithces to
runlevel 3 and actual error message from X is hidden under login
screen. Try to login with your login name/passwd and do "startx".

--Dmytro

--
 Dmytro Koval'ov
 mailto:kov@example.com