[tlug] Re: Japanese & Opera v 6.0

Paul England wrote:

> 2: Someone here mentioned that Japanese Input (not necessarily menus)
> is always dependent on the locale, not the application itself.  Well,
> I recently downloaded Opera for Linux.  I call it the same way I call
> all my apps that I want to use Japanese with:
>
> export LC_ALL=ja_JP
> export LANG=ja_JP.eucJP
> export XMODIFIERS='@example.com=kinput2'
> kinput2 -canna &
>
> then:
>
> XMODIFIERS="@example.com=kinput2" LANGUAGE=en_US LC_CTYPE=ja_JP opera &
>
> I dont' even get moji-bake... just question marks on Japanese sites.
> Anyone tried this sucker out?

No, sorry. But a remark regarding your settings:

You don't need and probably should not set LC_ALL, because that
overrides all other LC_* variables. Also if you already exported
XMODIFIERS above, you don't need to specify it when starting the
application.

So this should be sufficient:

export LC_CTYPE=ja_JP
export XMODIFIERS="@example.com=kinput2"