[tlug] Japanese & Opera v 6.0

Greetings guys:

Just a few things.

1: Someone at my work that's not really a Linux/Unix user installed Turbo Linux on his laptop -- first run, no tricks, and had perfect J/E setting.  I used Redhat7.2, and Kmail, Konqueror, etc, just didn't seem to work.  Lots of moji-bake.  I've read a few pages, but all seemed to say Mandrake & Redhat were the best for multilingual -- anyone here actually used Turbo Linux that can speak from experience?

2: Someone here mentioned that Japanese Input (not necessarily menus) is always dependent on the locale, not the application itself.  Well, I recently downloaded Opera for Linux.  I call it the same way I call all my apps that I want to use Japanese with:

export LC_ALL=ja_JP
export LANG=ja_JP.eucJP
export XMODIFIERS='@example.com=kinput2'
kinput2 -canna &

then:

XMODIFIERS="@example.com=kinput2" LANGUAGE=en_US LC_CTYPE=ja_JP opera &

I dont' even get moji-bake... just question marks on Japanese sites.
Anyone tried this sucker out?

Tx,
Paul