Re: [tlug] xterm man page screwed up on Debian

On Wed, Feb 06, 2002 at 11:24:33PM +0900,
Shimpei Yamashita wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 06, 2002 at 09:58:44AM +0900,
> Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:
> >     Shimpei> I keep getting the man page for x-terminal-emulator,
> >
> > Have you tried ripping xterm out by the roots and reinstalling (you
> > may need to purge to get the alternatives stuff fixed)?  Debian sucks
> > badly at handling self-generated-fuckeduppednessness.  LARTing is
> > recommended.
>
> Just tried ripping xterm and rxvt out, and reinstalling. Didn't help.

OK, solved it. The culprit was mandb, as I had suspected. Blowing away
/var/cache/man/index.bt and forcing it to be re-compiled from scratch
did the trick.

--
Shimpei Yamashita                               http://www.shimpei.org/
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?    -- Steve Wright