Re: [tlug] Does rxvt support kinput?

On Tue, Feb 05, 2002 at 04:25:59PM +0900, Antony Stace wrote:

> So now that I can convert files to shift-jis, yeah!, but I now have a problem.
> When I view a file which is in shift-jis I cannot view them in my rxvt screen
> I get mojibake, but if I convert to euc then they appear fine.  I need all
> these files to be in shift-jis format and to be able to view them.  I guess I
> could convert them to euc before viewing/editing and then convert them back to
> shift-jis after viewing/editing but is there a way so I can display shift-jis
>in the rxvt.

You don't want to be using shift-jis much in a Unix environment.
It does not work well.  You should be able to automate the process
of conversion/reconversion.  Alternatively, I'm sure that Emacs
or XEmacs can be configured to convey one encoding to disk, and
another to processes and the screen.  As a start.  I'm sure that
you will receive lots of suggestions on this.

Cheers,
Frank