[tlug] Anyone know if the java compiler with Suns JDK supports multiprocessors in Linux

Hello

I have had a look on the web, but can't seem to find much information on this.
Does anyone know if the java compilers and runtime environments included with Suns JDK 1.3 and 1.4 systems
take advantage of a multiprocessor linux system(Assume a fairly recent stable kernel) or will they use(in a 2 processor
system) just one processor.  I want to speed up compile times but am not sure if a multiprocessor system will do it.

I don't know if this is a function of the java compiler itself or the operating system.

--

Cheers

Tony