[tlug] compiling kernel 2.5

Hi tlug,

I've tried to compile the kernel everything seems to be fine during the
compilation, but, when the kernel boots, something weird happend, it
starts printing the standard output to the printer, and the video is
dead..... I guess you need more info in order to help, but I dont even
know what could be wrong... the distribution is Mandrake 8.1 kernel is
2.5.1.
This is the fird time I tried to compile the kernel, and I'm so frutated
because I tried several times and I get always the same result .....

Any help would be appreciated.
leonel