Re: cd using inodes?

>From: Thomas O'Dowd <tom@example.com>
>
>Did you try just using shell filename completion. That's a more normal way
>of doing it.

Yes, but it doesn't work. At least not with bash completion. I think this is
the filenames bash "sees" are in EUC where as an "ls" sees control
characters.

>Also, if you do an ls and pipe it to cat -v you can
>see the control characters.

True, and to show my point about filename completion look at this output:

[root@example.com /var/www/html/intranet/HR]# ls | cat -v
M-^CfM-^CBM-^CYM-^CjM-^A[M-^CM-^IM-^CM-^SM-^Ch
M-^CtM-^CHM-^A[M-^C}M-^CbM-^Cg
M-^LM-^RM-^MNM-^UM-[M-^LM-/
M-^RnM-^P}
M-^RM-JM-^PMM-^KM-3M-^HM-g
M-^S]M-^KM-NM-^KKM-^RM-h
M-^WLM-^KxM-^JM-GM-^WM-^]
M-^XJM-^MM-PM-^UM-[M-^LM-/

[root@example.com /var/www/html/intranet/HR]# cd
通信教育            ディズニーランド    転勤規定           フォーマット
   有休管理             健康保険
労災保険

>ie.
>
>$ touch ^Gding^G

That would be nice if I could do it but it seems the files all start with
"M"? And that's not a control char. If I try 'ls M[tab]' I don't get
filename completion.

Jc