that kernel module I posted

if you use it, you'll have trouble rebooting, I just realized that I was
calling the wrong dev_get_by_index, the one I'm using is adding a lock ref
to the device and never freeing it, and my systems dont want to reboot
properly now... eed to use __dev_get_by_index instead of dev_get_by_index,
if the source is to be believed here.... ack

Scott M. Stone <sstone@example.com>
Director of Information Technology, Director of Research and Development
ITIsOpen, Inc. - http://www.itisopen.com
Cisco Certified Network Associate, Sun Solaris Certified Systems Administrator