Re: Broadband Router/Firewall

On 05-Sep-2001 Stephen Lee wrote:
>  Maybe I can run it from ramdisk and shut off the HDD after boot?

The other thing you need the HDD for (in addition to logging, as pointed out by
Stephen T.) is the cache. I run squid on my gateway and have allocated 100 MB
for its cache.
Stuart Luppescu         -=-=-  University of Chicago
$(B:MJ8$HCRF`H~$NIc(B        -=-=-  s-luppescu@example.com
http://www.consortium-chicago.org/people/sl.html
http://musuko.uchicago.edu/pubkey.asc for PGP Public Key
ICQ #21172047  AIM: psycho7070
An Ada exception is when a routine gets in trouble and says
'Beam me up, Scotty'.