New to Tokyo...

   Hello all!  I've been following the list for about a year and have finally made it to Tokyo myself.  I'm certainly not a Linux expert but would love to meet some of you and learn more about what's happening in the Tokyo Linux world.  Would it be ok if I join the upcoming technical meeting at Leading Edge?

   I hate to ask a question right off the bat, but I'm wondering if anyone has any advice on internet providers here in T-town.  I'm moving into an old apartment with no phone or TV lines so I'm sort-of starting from scratch.  I'll be using the internet quite a bit for work so would love a decently paced connection.  Is it possible to get by with a keitai for phone calls and some sort of high-speed connection (cable modem, ADSL?, etc) for the internet?  Any advice would be much appreciated.  The specifics of my usage are below.

   I hope to see some of you soon!

   Kris

  setup :
    Redhat 7 desktop and laptop.

  internet usage :
    1-2 hours/day, relatively bandwith intensive net surfing

  phone usage :
    normal daily usage, receiving international calls, calls to northern Japan.