Re: Unidentified subject!

Try matching these with program names (as root)

# netstat -anp -A inet

This should tell you what program is binding to the port, it may not be
nterm for example but something else. Once you find the program names,
then you'll find that services are started in either xinetd or in
the startup script under /etc/rc3.d if you're using runlevel 3.

Basically only run what you need and then firewall after that.

Tom.

Thomas O'Dowd. - Nooping - http://nooper.com
tom@example.com - Testing - http://nooper.co.jp/labs