Unidentified subject!

Hello.

I dont write here too often, but could eny body tell me about nmap?
more like about some ports i dont find where they are configured.

this ports are
22/tcp     open        ssh
25/tcp     open        smtp
111/tcp    open        sunrpc
514/tcp    open        shell                   /*have it dissabled in xinetd, but nmap reports it as open*/
515/tcp    open        printer
587/tcp    open        submission
1024/tcp   open        kdm
1026/tcp   open        nterm
6000/tcp   open        X11

Or is the best solution to block them on iptables ? (i use kernel 2.4.7 and xinetd, but seems some are not handled by it, like, obvuously, X11)

Any help or pointer would be appreciated.
thank you.
--
ICQ: 15605359 Bicho
                                  =^..^=