Re: Kana/Kanji

On 26-Jul-2001 David Eduardo Gomez Noguera wrote:
> a convertion server is a server that gets an input as hiragana (i.e. from
> kinput) and convers it into a code for a kanji/kana sequence found in a
> dictionary file.
> most populars are canna and wnn (dont know which one is better though, but i
> think wnn also supports korean and chinese).
> when you start ypur input methode, you usually tells it what server to use.
> like.
>
> /usr/X11R6/bin/kinput2.canna-wnn6 -canna&

I have found that the kinput2 package that comes with
RH 7.1 is not configured to use freewnn, which also comes with RH. So, you
either have to get the real wnn package (proprietary?) or use the canna server.
Stuart Luppescu         -=-=-  University of Chicago
$(B:MJ8$HCRF`H~$NIc(B        -=-=-  s-luppescu@example.com
http://www.consortium-chicago.org/people/sl.html
http://musuko.uchicago.edu/pubkey.asc for PGP Public Key
ICQ #21172047  AIM: psycho7070
Forms follow function, and often obliterate it.