Re: Kana/Kanji

これは Fri, 27 Jul 2001 00:29:28 +0900 に Kana/Kanji について Ahmedさん がこんなことと話していました

Ahmed was chatting the other day about Kana/Kanji and said:

> Hi,
>
> I've been trying to write some Japanese
> by pressing shift+space, but I have an error
> message: "Conversion Server not found".Can
> somebody tell me what a conversion server is
> and where to find it? Thanks.

a convertion server is a server that gets an input as hiragana (i.e. from kinput) and convers it into a code for a kanji/kana sequence found in a dictionary file.
most populars are canna and wnn (dont know which one is better though, but i think wnn also supports korean and chinese).
when you start ypur input methode, you usually tells it what server to use.
like.

/usr/X11R6/bin/kinput2.canna-wnn6 -canna&

> My OS ver is RH7.1
>
> Asa

> Next Nomikai Meeting:    Fri, Aug 10 19:30-  Tengu Tokyo Eki-Mae
> Next Technical Meeting:  Sat, Sep 15 13:30-  Akasaka Kumin Center

ICQ: 15605359 Bicho
                                  =^..^=
First, they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you win. Mahatma Gandhi.
........Por que no pensaran los hombres como los animales? Pink Panther........
暑さ寒さも彼岸まで。
アン アン アン とっても大好き