Re: MySQL/PHP

Hi,

>[root @example.com liton]# mysql -u root create mydb
>mysqladmin:connect to server at 'localhost' failed
>error: 'Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket
>'/var/lib/mysql//msql.sock' (2)
>Check that mysqld is running and that the socket:
>'/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock'
>exists!

This is probably because mysqld (mysql daemon) is not running yet.  You can
check the process by typing "ps -aux".  If you don't see mysqld, just run it
by typing "safe_mysqld &" as a correct user.

This process is written in the url I gave you in the earlier mail.

Good luck!

BABA, Yoshihiko
Daido Information Technology