Re: MySQL/PHP

> [root @example.com liton]# mysql -u root create mydb
> Check that mysqld is running and that the socket: '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock'
> exists!

(I don't know mysql, but I'll guess some answers :-)

Do:
 cd /var/lib/mysql
 ls

Is there a "mysql.sock" file listed? If not it means mysql has not been
started.

Did you install mysql from rpm? If so, try going to /etc/init.d and see
if there a file called mysql (or similar). If so try running it without
any parameters, and it should give you some help. You'll then want to do
something like "/etc/init.d/mysql start".

Darren