Re: RH 6.2 install causes screen to explode

Scott Stone <SStone@example.com> writes in tlug@example.com:

> I can't remember, did they ever fix the thing where the kernel
> wouldn't address more than 127mb of swap in a given swap partition?
> I remember setting up 256, 512mb swap partitions and still having
> it only address 127mb worth.

This had to be fixed both in the kernel and in the mkswap program. The
first beta Turbolinux distros I saw had an interesting bug in that even
though a 2.2 kernel was installed and a properly up-to-date mkswap was
installed, the version of mkswap used during the initial install was
out-of-date.  This lead to the same kind of situation you describe.
You properly set up a big swap partition, but only 127MB is used until
you fix it after rebooting to the installed system.