Re: RH net configuration GUI tool buggy?

"Doughty, Michael" wrote:

> Not to sound like a typical command line elitist, but I think you will be much
> happier if you learn to do the configuration of your system via hand editing
> of files.  ...........
> <snip>

My thoughts exactly. Edit these files to change the requiled settings:

/etc/sysconfig/network         (Gateway and hostname)
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0         (The IP address, Netmask etc for
'eth0')
/etc/resolv.conf                     (Primary and Secondary DNS)
/etc/hosts                              (Hosts)

and restart the network:

/etc/rc.d/init.d/network restart

41 53 5A