Re: Exim Performance

Jim Tittsler wrote:

> And you don't have any of the queue_* options set?

I did try something like this, which didnt make a difference:

queue_only
queue_only_load = 10
queue_run_max = 10
(not all at once)

> You might try running Exim in debug mode to see where the
> problem lies.  Temporarily stop the daemon, clear out the SMTP
> retry/wait databases (you can just rm them).  Start Exim on the
> command line with the -d11 switch and inject a test message.
> You will be able to see which part of the process is taking the
> time.

This is printed instantly:
listening on port 25...
host in rfc1413_hosts? yes (*)

It waits here for some time then does this:

Process 9999 is handling incoming connection from [999.999.999.999]
host in host_lookup? no (option unset)
host in host_reject? no (option unset)
host in host_reject_recipients? no (option unset)
host in auth_hosts? no (option unset)
host in sender_unqualified_hosts? no (option unset)
host in receiver_unqualified_hosts? no (option unset)
host in helo_verify? no (option unset)
host in helo_accept_junk_hosts? no (option unset)

> (My first guesses are something DNS or ident related.  Firewall
> silently dropping packets on port 113?  30 seconds is the
> default Exim rfc1413_query_timeout.)

Yes, 113 is blocked. I didnt know it should be open. Will unblock it and try
again later. For now, got to pick up my new bicycle. :)

asz