Re: Laptops

Michael Engel (michael-engel@example.com) wrote:

> Is the Linux situation still so bad with laptops ?

Generally, no.  There are always going to be some hardware
makers who do Weird Stuff and/or Just Plain Cheap Shortcut Stuff,
and they can cause you problems.

A good site to check out to find out answers to burning questions like
"Will this work?" and "If I will have problems, what are they and is there
a work-around?" is:

http://www.linux-laptop.net/

> Are there any general recommendations what I should do or should not do ?
> What are the problems with laptops ?

Goofy video chipsets, usually.  If you are thinking of a particular model,
such as the Fujitsu I mentioned, do research on that model to see how
well it works with Linux, and if possible, find some people who are already
running Linux on it and ask them if they've had an problems or
pitfalls.  The site above and Google are good places to start.

Jonathan
--
There is Bag of Modul in the router