Re: Localhost connection refused

Simon Cozens wrote...
> On Sun, Jul 08, 2001 at 04:24:57PM +0900, John De Hoog wrote:
> > It didn't change my inability to connect to localhost in any way.
>
> In which case, leafnode is simply not running. Leafnode (typically)
> runs from inetd, which means there should be a line in /etc/inetd.conf
> looking a little like this:
>
> nntp            stream  tcp     nowait  news    /usr/sbin/tcpd
> /usr/sbin/leafnode

It's there, because I put it there myself.

> If not, leafnode is either not installed properly or not installed at
> all. If it is, first try "ps aux | grep inetd" to check that inetd is
> running.

It's running.

> If that directory doesn't have leafnode in it, leafnode may
> not be correctly installed. Does /usr/sbin/leafnode actually exist?

Not only is leafnode installed, I have been able to use fetchnews to get
a list of groups from my nntp server, as noted earlier. My problem is
that I can't access local news from an nntp client. Thanks for the help,
though.

--
John De Hoog, Tokyo
dehoog@example.com